The City of Perris is home to a young and diverse population. In Perris, about 51% of adults are married. The faces of Perris are those of its large families. If you love being around young kids, you'll appreciate the city.
For more information about demographics in the City of Perris, call the Economic Development Department at (951) 956-2114.
- John Husing's Demographic Report (3.3MB)
- As of 2007, Perris's population is 51,397 people. Since 2000, it has had a population growth of 42.02 percent.
- Hispanic (56.2%)
- Other race (32.6%)
- White Non-Hispanic (22.8%)
- African American (15.9%)
- Two or more races (5.8%)
- American Indian (2.5%)
- Filipino (1.5%)
- The median age is 26.8. The US median is 37.6. 50.97% of people in Perris are married. 7.31% are divorced
- For population 25 years and over in Perris
- High school or higher: 61.0%
- Bachelor's degree or higher: 6.6%
- Graduate or professional degree: 1.8%
- Unemployed: 11.6%
- Mean travel time to work: 37.9 minutes
- The average household size is 3.76 people. 39.23% of people are married, with children. 17.34% have children, but are single
- Income per capita is $11,912, which includes all adults and children. The median household income is $37,961
- Perris public schools spend $5,042 per student. The average school expenditure in the U.S. is $6,058. There are about 21 students per teacher in Perris
43.02% of the people in Perris affiliate with a religion. Of these:
- 28.24% are Catholic; 6.49% are Protestant
- 2.24% are LDS; 4.22% are another Christian faith
- 1.28% are Jewish
- 0.04% are an eastern faith
- 0.51% affilite with Islam.