Welcome to the City of Perris. Click here to skip navigation.

Perris Today...

  • News Stories
  • Programs & Projects
  • How Do I...

Live Well Program Makes Front Cover of CA Magazine
The City of Perris’ Live Well program has made the cover of Western Cities Magazine, a statewide publication that reaches hundreds of municipalities. The magazine features a front-page picture of residents working out on a Saturday morning. A four-page article inside the magazine reveals details about how the Live Well program took shape, its popularity with residents seeking to exercise and eat healthy and how it has improved the lives of many people who call Perris home.

> See all news stories...

The Perris Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) is currently accepting applications for the 2015-2016 year.  Become a representative of the City of Perris YAC and join forces with aspiring individuals who empower the youth of the community to make a difference.   Applications also available at the Perris Teen Center and Bob Glass Gymnasium.
YAC Application form

Starting April 2: Temporary Closure of Evans Rd
Beginning April 2, Evans Rd will be closed between Orange Ave. and Citrus Ave. Evans Rd. Should reopen September 11, 2015.
See notice for details: In English | en Español


  • Perris Trail Master PlanPerris Master Plan
    The City of Perris is preparing a Trail Master Plan to identify existing and future needs for bikeway and trail users.
    - Perris Trails Website

  • Enchanted Heights Project
    The City of Perris and its partners at the county, regional and state level have embarked on a massive sewer project to improve the lives of Enchanted Heights residents and increase their property values.
     See the project web site...
  • I-215 Widening Updates
    Get the latest info and construction advisories for this project:
     See current Traffic Alerts...
  • Perris Valley Line LogoMetrolink is Coming
    The Metrolink™ Perris Valley Line extension will
    serve five new stations in Riverside County.
    Perris Valley Line web site...


Other Programs

  • iphone iconGraffiti Tracker
    Got an iPhone or iPad? Help us track graffiti in the city with
    this free app.
    - Download it from itunes here...
  • QR Codes = Quick Linkqr code
    Look for codes like this one on City publications.
    Scan them to access online resources!
    Download a QR Code reader:
    Android phones | iPhone
  • Mamas Y Bebes Program
    Funded by the Riverside County Department of Mental Heath, Prevention and Early Intervention, this free program is for pregnant women who are at risk of developing depression, and are between 12 and 24 weeks in their pregnancy.
    See flyer for details: acrobat English | acrobat Spanish
  • Low-cost Auto Insurance
    Learn more about CLCA...
  • Gas Company Assistance Programs
    On June 1st 2014, the income requirements to qualify for California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) were raised so that a family of one that earns up to $31,460 can now receive the 20% off of their monthly natural gas bill. This also qualifies residents for the Energy  Savings Assistance Program, which qualifies customers for free energy-saving home upgrades.Click here to see if you qualify for discounts or assistance with your gas bill.
  • Got Big Stuff to Dump? Call Cr&R to Haul it Away
    Residents can call CR&R once a week and request pickups.
    Bulky Item Pickup Program.
  • We Tip Program
    WeTip is an independent, non-profit organization that lets you report crime anonymously.
  • Riverside County S.A.F.E.
    S.A.F.E. seeks to increase public awareness of sexual predators and decrease sexually motivated crimes in Riverside county.
    Visit the S.A.F.E website...

We have a list of Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)...and you can post your question there if you don't see an answer here or on the FAQ page.

Here are some commonly asked questions - along with the answers and contact information of folks who can help you.

  • Who can I call to get my utilities turned on?
    I just recently moved to Perris and I don't know what the numbers are.

    Here are the phone numbers for the local utility providers:

    Water City of Perris Finance & Water: (951) 943-4610
    Eastern Municipal Water District: (951) 928-3777
    Electric Southern California Edison: (800) 655-4555
    Telephone AT&T: (800) 310.2355 (residential)
    Verizon: (800) 483-4000
    Trash CR&R: (951) 943-1991
    Cable AT&T: (800) 310.2355 (residential)
    Verizon: (800) 483-4000
    Time Warner Cable : (887) 475-3127
    Gas Southern California Gas: (800) 427-2200

  • I'm thinking about getting a home security alarm installed. Do I need any special City permits for it?
    No — go ahead and have the system installed. Perris does not require a permit for alarm systems.
  • How do I get a passport?
    The regulations regarding passports changed February, 2008. You can read this brochure about passports. Applications are avaible online from this website: www.travel.state.gov. A passport issued to an indvidual 16 years or older is valid for 10 years. The City Clerk no longer provides passport service.
  • Who do I call if there's a large open field behind my house with very tall weeds, as well as tumbleweed? I'm sure it's a fire hazard.
    The Office of the Fire Marshall can help you with that.
    You can call them at (951) 443-1029.
  • How many yard sales can I have in a year - and do I need a permit?
    Each Perris address is allowed 2 yard sales per calendar year. A yard sale may be held for 1 to 3 consecutive days. Before holding a yard sale, you need to get a permit. Applications can be obtained at City Hall. For more information on obtaining a permit, see Community Preservation/Code Compliance and the Code FAQ page.
  • How can I report an illegal Yard Sale?
    Any one can report an illegal yard sale to the Code Enforcement Department at (951) 956-2117, Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. A Yard Sale is considered to be illegal if one of the following conditions exist:
    - The resident did not obtain a permit for the yard sale.
    - The yard sale occurs more than 3 consecutive days.
    - The resident has more than 2 yard sales occur on their premises.
    - The resident is selling prohibited items (food, non rummage).
  • Does the City of Perris provide low-income loans for me to improve my home?
    Yes, our Economic Development Department can help you with that information. They can be reached at (951) 943-6100.
  • I would like to start my new business in Perris and I need information on obtaining a business license.
    Where can I get one?

    Our Business License Department can answer any questions you may have. You can call them at (951) 443-1029.
  • I would like to get a marriage license. Where do I go?
    The Riverside County Clerk Recorder's Office at 2724 Gateway Drive in Riverside can help you. Their phone number is 951.486.7000.
  • There is a stray dog in my backyard. I don't know which neighbor he belongs to. How can I get the dog removed?
    Contact the Animal Control and they will have someone come out to pick up the dog. Their number is (951) 657-4134.
  • How can I report that my streetlights are out?
    Contact Southern California Edison by calling (800) 655-4555.
  • How do I report a traffic signal that isn't working properly?
    Contact the Public Works Field Services Department to help you with that.
    You can call them at (951) 657-3280
  • Why haven't street sweepers come to my neighborhood for a couple of weeks? Also, what is the street sweeping schedule for my neighborhood?
    Contact CR & R by calling (951) 943-1991. Here is more information about Street Sweeping in Perris.
  • I'm in a new tract and they are not sweeping the streets, also construction debris is not being picked up by the developer. Who can I call?
    Contact the City Engineer to help you with that.
    You can call that office at (951) 943-6504
  • There are new homes being built in my area, and the construction crew doesn't clean up as they should when work is completed each day. Can someone talk to the developer?
    Contact the City Engineer to help you with that.
    You can call that office at (951) 943-6504
  • How can I get a City job application?
    Contact Human Resources at (951) 943-6100  . You can also download a job application from this Website, as well as see a list of currently open positions.
  • How can I learn about the job requirements for a position?
    Call the city's 24-hour job line - 951.413.3405 ext. 209. If the position is currently open, you can view the job requirements by selecting the job title.
  • Who can I talk to about a parking ticket?
    You can call the Perris Police: (951) 210-1000. If the ticket is because of street sweeping, see the Street Sweeping page for more information. You can also simply pay your parking ticket online: Parking tickets pay on-line



2015 FREE Community Health Fair

LiveWell Perris

Rods & Rails

On Track in Perris
On Track in Perris
See the current issue...
See a class you'd like to take? Sign up online.
click here to register for city classes online

Military Banner Programmilitary banner
The City is honoring local military heroes with personalized banners
Learn more...

Shop Local
shop localBy shopping in Perris, your dollars help pay for public services
Learn more about it...

Need a Permit?

tool boxBuilding a patio? A wall? Find out if you need a permit. Then see the permit forms.

Perris Calendar

See the full calendar...

Featured Events

April 25: Community Health Fair
Free health screenings, demos, giveaways, entertainment, and more. See the flyer:
In English | En Español

April 25: American Cancer Society
Relay For Life

Find out more...

April 25: Perris Elementary School District 6th Annual 5K Fun Run
Find out more...

May 2: Ice Cream Social
Free ice cream cones and activities for everyone, compliments of Perris Community Services.
Learn more...

CERT Training
Download the flyer and registration form...

Last update 04/16/2015

Construction Alerts & Info

 215 widening traffic alert logo
215 Widening
Construction Alert

See the latest alerts
for April 12 - 17
Find out more...

Perris Valley Line
Perris Valley Line
Get details on this new addition to Metrolink.
Learn about the Perris Valley Line...

IE511.org logo
Real-Time Traffic
Check IE 511 for real-time traffic updates.

Riverside Transit Agency
Check out RTA for public transport. and commuting.