The City of Perris is seeking applications from residents to fill three newly created committees intended to promote beautification, fine arts, culture and establish policies to bring about economic and community development and sustainability.
The City Council recently created the Beautification, Community Development and Economic Development committees to advise elected representatives about strategies to improve the look, sense of community spirit and economy of Perris.
The applications are available here and at the Department of Development Services, 135 North D Street, Perris, CA 92570. Applications are due on July 9 no later than 5:30 p.m.
For more information please contact Rebecca Miranda at 951-943-5003 ext. 496 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Beautification Committee will assist the City in developing and pursuing initiatives that promote beautification and the overall appearance of the City. The goal of the Committee is to:
- Create civic pride.
- To motivate the City’s diverse population to participate in the beautification process.
- The Committee will identify areas in need of improvement, create recognition and incentive programs such as property maintenance awards.
- Coordinate and recruit volunteers to participate in neighborhood clean-ups and secure funding resources to achieve these goals.
The Community Development Committee would promote positive human interactions in all aspects of community life. The responsibility of the Committee will be the following:
- Advise the Mayor and City Council on the development of plans, policies, regulations, and strategies involving community preservation, recreation, health and human services.
- Advise the Mayor and City Council on programs related to culture, fine arts, seniors, veterans, as well as non-profit capacity building and development.
- Make recommendations to the City Council for the disposition of Community Development Block Grants (CDBG) funds.
The Economic Development Committee would promote the City’s ability to compete in the global economy. The Committee would provide leadership, education and tools necessary for the City to optimize essential economic opportunities. The responsibility of the Committee will be as followed:
- Improving the City’s business and economic environment in order to help meet the shopping service needs of local residents.
- Develop an economic plan which will provide the framework for developing and maintaining a viable business community.
- Make recommendations to the Mayor and City Council that will create economic growth opportunities through the creation of jobs and businesses and expanding the City’s tax base and income.
- Advise the Mayor and City Council on the development of plans, policies, regulations and strategies that have substantial impact on creating and maintaining an innovative economy that is sustainable.