Free Bulky Item Pickup
Trash, recycling and green waste service is provided by CR&R Waste Services. In addition to normal trash collection, the County also sponsors several hazardous waste collections events throughout the year.
2012-13 Holiday Trash Pickup
Because Riverside County landfills are open on the Mondays following Christmas and New Years, CR&R Incorporated will retain its normal schedule for trash collection. You should see a flyer in upcoming invoices confirming the schedule.
- Containers are picked up once a week
- Containers must be on curb by 6 am
- Trash must be placed in the black container
- Recycling must be placed in the gray container
- Green waste must be placed in the green container
- Only containers provided will be picked up
- Up to 110 lbs per pick up, per container
- No hazardous waste or construction debris
- CR&R Offers Free bulky item pick up service
Perris residential recycling program
CR&R provides color-coded waste containers for residential recycling. The CR&R flyers explain what goes in each container.
- Perris Residential Recycling Program (English)
- El Programa de Reciclaje de la Ciudad de Perris (Español)
Riverside County Waste Management conducts several Household Hazardous Waste collection events every year. The closest collection events for the City of Perris are in Moreno Valley.
Before transporting waste to the collection event or facility, please use this checklist to make sure you have done the following:
- Have I used up every product to the fullest extent possible?
- Is the waste in its original container or is it properly labeled as to the contents?
(The contents of the container must be the same as stated on the label. If not, cover up the label and write the name of its content.)
- Have I offered good, usable products I can’t use to my neighbor, family or friends?
- Are the items placed in a sturdy container, such as cardboard or wooden box, for transporting?
(Wrap glass bottles in newspaper to prevent breakage.)
- Does the amount of waste I want to transport exceed 5 gallons or 50 pounds?
(Each load must not exceed 5 gallons or 50 pounds per State Law. Container volume must not exceed 5 gallons.)
- Is the box placed in the trunk of your car or in the bed of your pickup truck and secured to prevent movement?
(Keep items away from passengers.)
- Are any of the containers leaking?
(If they are, place them in a container or material that will not allow the leak to spread and place securely in the vehicle for safe transport.)
Follow directions once you reach the event site. You will be asked to turn off your motor and stay in your vehicle. The site staff will unload the material from your vehicle.
For more information about Hazardous Waste Collection:
- Household Hazardous Waste Information: (800) 304-2226
- See this year's county-wide schedule of HHW Collection Events: www.rivcowm.org
- California Integrated Waste Management Board
1001 I Street
P.O. Box 4025
Sacramento, CA 95812-4025
Also of Interest...